Open all year round, Maison Caramel has five charming bedrooms, plus a self-contained studio, and four more bedrooms in the luxury penthouse. All the rooms are ensuite and comfortably furnished. Each room has its own character and individual style, but all preserve the feeling of french farmhouse simplicity.
|Enjoy comfy beds, designer ensuites and large balconies with views of the nearby mountains, river or village. You can also try the infrared sauna, or relax outside on the sunny garden terraces.|
In the main farmhouse*:
- Piano: twin looking onto shared terrace, ground floor
- Studio: self-contained ground floor twin with external entrance, looking onto shared terrace, cooking facilities possible (extra charge)
- Riviere: first floor twin with private terrace & balcony
- Bois: first floor double with balcony (space for extra bed)
- Village: second floor double with balcony (space for extra bed)
- Mountain: second floor large double/triple with two balconies
In the luxury alpine penthouse (on top of the house, accessed by external log steps):
- Alpage: junior suite for four with two balconies
- Rose: double with balcony
- Abri: family room for four, balcony
- Bateau: double/triple
Most rooms have feather duvets and pillows, and all are ensuite with guest robes, hair dryers, and heated towel rails. Mountain, Alpage, Shed and Bateau also have deep double-ended baths – ideal for a romantic soak.
Holiday packages and short breaks
As well as nightly bed & breakfast, we also offer half-board for stays of three nights or more (75€ per person in summer, 85€ per person in winter), and catered holiday packages for 3 nights or more – including skiing, walking and cycling holidays.
You can hire the whole house on a sole occupancy catered or B&B basis for 3 nights or more, perhaps for a group skiing or walking holiday. It can sleep a total of 20-27 people in 9 - 10 ensuite bedrooms. Contact us for a quote.
The luxury penthouse is also available for self-catered rental as a self-contained chalet with garden, 4 ensuite bedrooms (sleeping up to 12), spacious living area with log stove, a kitchen and utility room.
*Please note, Maison Caramel is an old farmhouse with nearly 150 years of history. We've preserved as many of the original features as we could, including the floorboards. We've done our best to insulate them, but it does mean the lower rooms in the old part of the house won't meet the sound-proofing expectations of those used to modern concrete flats or purpose-built hotels. If this is a concern for you, ask to stay in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor (Village or Mountain), or the new top floor (the Penthouse).